Virginia does not have true early voting, but rather absentee voting; however, there are 20 reasons that you can vote absentee. Even better, you can vote absentee in person at the Floyd County Courthouse now, M-F 9-5 as well as two Saturdays 9-5 (10/28 and 11/4). Remember years with ice storms, or you ran late getting home, or had issues with transportation? If you can vote absentee, vote now.
You can vote now (in-person absentee), by mail, or on Election Day. Whatever is easier for you, but please make sure to VOTE!
A Few Common Reasons You Can Vote Early (In-Person Absentee)
Use the reason codes on the Absentee Ballot Application (codes refer to paper application)
- Will you be outside of Floyd County (such as a neighboring county or out of state) for work, personal or business reasons on Election Day? Use Code 1C or 1D
- Are you or your spouse going to school or college outside of Floyd? Use Code 1A or1B
- Do you have a disability, illness, or pregnancy or are you taking care of a disabled or ill family member at home? Use Code 2A, 2B, or 2C
- Are you a first responder? Use Code 1F
- Will you or your spouse be on active military duty outside of Floyd on Election Day? Use Code 6A or Code 6B
- Will you be temporarily residing outside of the US on Election Day? Use Code 6C or 6D
- Will you be working and commuting for 11 hours or more between 6am and 7pm on Election Day (even if you never leave Floyd County)? Use Code 1E